Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Quote from Osho, Japanese Philosopher

A while ago a friend of mine gave me a set of Zen Tarot cards. I have no idea how to read tarot cards, but I'm always interested in the commentary that each card brings. I try to interpret the commentary as it relates to the idea that I'm thinking of.

A couple of days before my donation day, I took out the cards after not looking at them for months. As I thought about my patient and my process, I shuffled the cards. I focused more heavily on my patient and then picked out a card. It was the 10 of Rainbows. While I have no idea what that card might mean to someone else, I thought Osho's commentary was incredibly poignant to my situation:

"Humanity is depicted here as a rainbow of beings, dancing around the mandala of the earth with their hands joined together in joy and gratitude for the gift of life. This card represents a time of communication, of sharing the riches that each of us brings to the whole. There is no clinging here, no grasping. It is a circle without fear of feelings of inferiority and superiority.

When we recognize the common source of our humanity, the common origins of our dreams and longings, our hopes and fears, we are able to see that we are all joined together in the great miracle of existence. When we can combine our tremendous inner wealth to create a treasure of love and wisdom that is available to all, we are linked together in the exquisite pattern of eternal creation."

So true. Life is a gift that none of us should take for granted. If we all work together in a common goal of spreading love and aid to others, that gift will give back for an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment